Highlights of my career are listed below; you can also download a copy of my resume by clicking here. (Microsoft Word document.)
Assistant Editor, Arkansas Business, 2011-2014
- Wrote a variety of articles, following beats on energy, technology, and media.
- Maintained communications with numerous companies, large and small.
- Researched data for lists of companies, publications, etc.
- Generated story ideas each week on beats and many other topics.
THE DAILY CITIZEN
Newsroom Jack-of-all-trades, 2009-2011
- Wrote at least 500 stories on local politics, education, crime, community, history, business, human interest, and more.
- Designed and laid out weekend editions using strict house style.
- Supplied at least one photo for every edition.
- Developed photography and page design skills specifically for this job.
Newsroom Intern, 2008-2009
- Sought out and interviewed business startups all over Arkansas.
- Interviewed at least 40 business owners.
Processed new hires and promotions for "Movers & Shakers" section.
Harding University, 2004-2009
- Received bachelor of arts in general studies with emphasis in English, graphic design in May 2009.
All text and site layout copyright © Luke Jones 2014